Animation For The Web
Animation for the Web is a simple and fun way to introduce the STEM / STEAM Career of animation. Business educators love the marketing emphasis integrated into real-world projects. “Tools of the Trade” media-rich tutorials focus on understanding animation concepts and creative principles as well as using the tools and technology professional animators use every day. Portfolio-building projects and optional international industry-recognized certification will enhance students’ marketable skills, college preparation, career readiness, and hireability.
Animation is a growing career pathway: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (www.bls.gov), “Projected growth will be due to increased demand for animation and visual effects in video games, movies, and television.”
Our approach has your students living the life of a new hire at an animation studio. Crafted within this interactive career-simulation, they will meet their boss, co-workers, and clients. They will get emails, text messages, and voicemails as they live and apply the design process to solve problems and create solutions for their customers. Through this uniquely designed career-themed course, your students will gain valuable experience with animation creation and design software in making animations for the web. This highly interactive and hands-on course guides students through the thrilling process of creating their own animated shorts.
Tutorials, videos, and animations guide students through every stage of animation creation, and they also hear from industry professionals along the way. Students learn critical STEM skills, grow their talents, develop confidence, and build a college and career portfolio that will help them show off their new abilities in this always in-demand STEM field.
This course requires no previous animation or design experience for the student or teacher.
**New – CTeLearning.com Free Cloud-Based Animation Tools Suite Provided – PC, Mac, Chromebook, iPad ready**
- Platforms – PC, Mac, and Chromebook
- Length – Semester/Year
- Career Cluster – Information Technology/Arts, AV Technology and
- International Industry Recognized Certifications – Yes, Embedded and Free
- Course Completion Digital Badge (Free) – MS, HS, Adult
- Level – Middle School, High School, Post-Secondary
- Curriculum Delivery – Web-based
- Student Competitions – Yes
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Web-based CTeL Free Animation Suite or Adobe Animate
A teacher’s perspective – Nikki Jarvis Business and Animation Educator Adelanto HS
“I like the business career simulation style or what you (CTeLearning ) call the Virtual Internship model. This course, allows me to give the students a real-world experience where my students have a client, boss and even get emails with attachments. All of the course’s videos, tutorials allows my students to work at their own pace, and all the teacher solutions and support keep my class prep time to a minimum. Your course-ware gives me the chance to focus on being there for my students and still plenty of room to incorporate my ideas and activities to make this whole experience for my students uniquely my own. “
What’s New for 2022?
- New Free Web-Based Animation Suite provided. (Use our free web-based animation suite, or your Adobe Animate license)
- Free International Industry-Recognized Certification embedded, stackable and optional.
- New International Animation Competition
- Updated Ethics in the Workplace Tutorials and Micro-Credential Certificate
Note – We now offer two new versions of this curriculum.
Our WEditor Version includes our new and free Web-Based Animation Tools Suite (PC,Mac, and Chromebook ready).
Our Animate Version is for customers who have their own Adobe Animate school license.
Just let us know which version you would like when you order.
Some of what you can expect your learners to achieve:
- Understand the basics of animation, the design process, and critical assessment
- Understand the basics of creating characters, walk cycles, lip-sync, and life-like movement
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry
- Understand the fundamentals of scriptwriting and persuasive language as it applies to engaging a target audience
- Creating original sound effects for animation
- Creating original music for animation
- Professional storyboarding techniques, creating storyboards, and sculpting targeted messages for the best impact
- Audio engineering soundscapes for animation
- Demonstrate how to produce and deliver final products for desktop or web use.
- Able to analyze, test, and critically review work and use feedback to improve the animation and its
- How to present animated designs to a client
- Understand the legal issues of intellectual property
- Create a Portfolio of animations with varied messaging that can be shown to potential employers
- Produce animations with special effects including tweens and other motion effects
- Learn how to animate music videos, long and short-form animations, and marketing animations