Artificial Intelligence and Mobile Robotics
Artificial Intelligence is all around us. Self-driving cars, autonomous delivery drones, AI autopilots in planes, Facebook, Amazon Alexa, and chatbots are all examples of artificially intelligent technologies that are already impacting our lives today.
The World Economic Forum reports 58 million new jobs in Artificial Intelligence by 2022. Robotics is projected to continue to grow at a rate of 25% over the next five years. Are your students ready?
Robots and smart systems are growing in their abilities to do more and help more. Soon we’ll see robots that will not only be able to drive us around town but will be able to care for elderly and disabled.
If we think of AI as the smarts to be able to make the right choices to do the work we need, then robotics is the brawn needed to make the work happen. Robotics also brings the ability to sense, feel and touch the world around us. Bringing AI together with Robotics is how we will fulfill the promises of the intelligent system that will be able to make our lives better and safer.
Besides the creation of useful, intelligent systems, studying Artificial Intelligence teaches a new level of understanding of systems, coding, biology, and behavior. In the course, students use robots as their playground to practice coding and modeling the smart systems that are becoming part of our world.
In this course, students will examine how nature has produced some very successful creatures. They’ll break down and determine what behaviors make specific animals and insects so successful. Then will use their knowledge to help code the next generation of intelligent robots.
This course requires no previous experience in coding or robotics for either the teacher or student.
This course is the perfect introduction to Coding, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and the Engineering Process.
- Platforms – PC, Mac and Chromebook
- Length – Semester, Year
- Career Cluster – Information Technology/Arts, Manufacturing
- Industry Course Completion Certificate – MS, HS
- Level – Middle School, High School, Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions – Available
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Coding Tools Free, Requires Robot Kit (mBot by MakeBlock)
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Solid understanding of the basics of inputs, outputs and process.
- How to look at a real-world issue, analyze and create a smart system to solve the problem.
- How to create algorithms and code robot solutions
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry.
- Understand the fundamental relationship between coding, intelligence and behaviors.
- There is no perfect design and be able to analyze, test and critically review their work and use feedback to improve.
- How to present a solution to a client.
- How to apply the Engineering and Problem Solving Process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics and web legal issues including privacy, copyright, and information security.
- Create a Portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of robotics and the engineering / design process.
- Understand the trends in robotics and autonomous vehicles.
- Understand the different types of Artificial Intelligence and levels of Autonomy
- Be properly prepared to take on and earn the optional CoA Certificate.
If you are interested in providing students with marketable skills and an education that prepares them to make a difference in the world, this is the course you have been searching for.