Web Games, Apps and Sites
…are part of our everyday lives and integral to any student’s future career.
This media-rich course provides your learners with an engaging project-based learning experience creating rich web experiences. Games, Apps, and Sites are more than just web content but are the basis for companies, products, and high demand careers. This course will help fuel your students’ career engagement. It will give them hands-on experiences creating, coding, and producing interactive content, including Web Games, 360/VR Sites, Voice Controlled Apps, Business Websites, Interactive Marketing, and using the prime web technologies of today.
This course supports exploration in careers related to the design, development, support, and management of hardware, software, multimedia, and systems integration services. Students will acquire knowledge and skills, enabling them to succeed in our technology-driven society and this exciting career pathway. Learners apply reading, writing, computing, communication, and critical thinking throughout this project-based learning experience.
Learners and teachers do not need any previous coding, game design or web development experience for this course.
Along the way, your students will learn critical thinking skills, apply STEM, develop confidence, and build a college and career-ready portfolio that will help them take their next steps to their future.
What’s New for 2021?
- International Industry-Recognized Certification embedded, stackable and FREE
- New Virtual Internship Career Simulation career building portfolio project
- New Career Personal Financial Intelligence Tutorials and Project – optional
- Updated Ethics in the Workplace Tutorials and Certificate
- Zero Foot Print – Nothing to Install
- Hybrid, In Class Blended and Virtual Learning Ready
Overview – What’s New in 2021?
- Platforms – PC, Mac, Chromebook Ready – Mobile Friendly
- Length – Year , Semester
- Career Cluster – Information Technology
- 3rd Party International Industry-Recognized Certifications – Yes/Free
- Level – Middle School, High School, Adult/Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online Virtual Learning
- Student Competitions – Available
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Web-Based Tools Suite Provided Free
Some of the Tutorials include:
- Web Design and Layout
- Learning HTML5 Basics
- Learning CSS3 Basics
- Using Web-based IDE
- Web Apps for Mobile
- Creating Content for Target Audiences
- Web Site and Mobile App Game Creation
- Dynamic 360/VR Mobile App
Some of the Industry Trends include:
- Professionalism and Ethics
- 360 and VR
- AI and the Web
- Cyber Warfare and Cyber Security
- Project Management, Planning and QA
- Software Life Cycle
- Reliability of Web Content
Some of the Learner Projects include:
- Flying Monkey Game Web App
- 360 Tour Website
- Business Marketing Game App
- Voice Controlled Website
- Interactive Website for Client
- Personal Portfolio Resume Website
- Virtual Reality Web App
- CEO Promotional App
- Interactive Promotional Game App
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Explain how technology and market trends can affect careers and industries
- How to present an app, site for game design concept to a client, investor, or the media
- Demonstrate how design experiences multiple platforms
- Produce sites, games and apps for a specific target audience
- Create a portfolio of websites, web apps and web games that can be used to fuel the learner’s next career or education steps.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply the engineering design process to websites, web apps and web game development
- Demonstrate leadership and an understanding of project management
- Explain the concept of intellectual property and demonstrate the ethical and legal use of technology, online resources, copyrights, and open source resources
- Explain how web experiences are improving digital marketing and web-based businesses
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- And Much More…
This course is available as a one or two semester offering, depending on how you choose to deploy it.
If you are interested in providing students with marketable skills and an education that prepares them to make a difference in the world, this is the course you have been searching for. Feel free to contact us to receive a free brochure and sample syllabus.
Texas schools – we have a special version of this course that meets the TEKS 130.308 Web Technologies standards. If you are a Texas school, let us know you want to see a demo of the TEKS version.