Coding with HTML5 and CSS3
Companies of all sizes need web designers to build and maintain their corporate brand story. Our Web Development course teaches students how to use HTML5 and CSS3 to build websites from the ground up.
Concept design, layout, content creation and messaging are the skills that companies hire for. By design we have made this course easy to deploy. Neither teachers nor learners need any previous coding or design experience for this course.
This is a media rich and highly interactive hands-on course. Over one hundred fifty tutorial videos step your students through coding HTML and CSS3 into web pages and sites. Over fifty individual expert videos coach students through the broader concepts of aesthetics, design, content development and managing a web design team.
Along the way they will learn critical STEM skills, develop confidence, and build a college and career ready portfolio along the way. Let this be an exciting introduction and great a first step towards advanced education or their career.
What’s New for 2021?
- International Industry-Recognized Certification embedded, stackable and FREE
- New Virtual Internship Career Simulation career building portfolio project
- New Career Personal Financial Intelligence Tutorials and Project – optional
- Updated Ethics in the Workplace Tutorials and Certificate
- Zero Foot Print – Nothing to Install
- Hybrid, In Class Blended and Virtual Learning Ready
- Platforms – PC, Mac, Chromebook Ready – Mobile Friendly
- Length – Year , Semester
- Career Cluster – Information Technology
- 3rd Party International Industry-Recognized Certifications – Integrated, Stackable and Free
- Level – Middle School, High School, Adult/Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online Virtual Learning
- Student Competitions – Available (SkillsUSA, FBLA)
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Web-Based Tools Suite Provided Free
Overview – What’s New in 2021?
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Solid understanding of the basics involved in HTML5 and CSS3
- An understand and the ability to apply best practices to create websites that are web accessible for users who may have different levels of impairments.
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry.
- Understand the fundamental relationship between Content, Style and Behavior.
- Demonstrate how to create a website for a client based on the customer’s needs and vision.
- Able to analyze, test and critically review their work and use feedback to improve.
- How to present a solution to a client.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics and web legal issues including privacy, copyright, and information security.
- Create a Portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of web development using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Understand the trends in the web design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of color theory, site aesthetics, style tiles, wire framing and site testing.
- Understand how to engage with a client, collaborate, communicate and deliver on time and on budget.
- Be properly prepared to take on and earn the optional industry certification.