A high-demand career – the web is how business markets, sells, and connects.
Companies of all sizes need web designers to build and maintain their corporate brand story. Think about it. The web is how business markets. Just having HTML skills will not get you hired these days. Today, your students need more.
Our Web Design career curriculum teaches students how to use HTML5 and CSS3 to build websites from the ground up. We engage them with the technical skills they need to make high-performing sites. We let interviews with working professionals put the technical skills they learn into an industry context.
We make it all relevant to their futures through their portfolio and the international industry-recognized certification you may reward them with at the end of the course. The 3rd party certification is free and comes from the international professional association for all things web – WebProfessionalsGlobal.org.
Concept design, layout, content creation and messaging are the skills that companies hire for. By design, we have made this course easy to deploy. Neither teachers nor learners need any previous web coding or design experience.
This is a media rich and highly interactive hands-on course. Over one hundred fifty tutorial videos step your students through coding HTML and CSS3 into web pages and sites. Over fifty individual expert videos coach students through the broader concepts of aesthetics, design, content development and managing a web design team.
Along the way, they will learn critical STEM skills, develop confidence, and build a college and career-ready portfolio along the way. Let this be an exciting introduction and great a first step towards advanced education or their career.
Might we suggest some complementary curricula choices you might consider. The embedded industry certifications with these courses stack with the certification in the Web Design for Business and Marketing curriculum.
Would you like to teach your students how to add games to their website, or create mobile games for brand promotion? Check out our Web and Mobile Game Design Curriculum. Curriculum- iWGD Web and Mobile Game Design
Animation a fantastic way to add engagement and messaging to any website. Check out our Web and Mobile Game Design Course. Curriculum – iWCA Web Animation Design
New in 2022,
New embedded certifications. We offer an industry-recognized, reimagined certification path that does not require your students to take a high-stakes exam, thus removing test anxiety for your learners and modeling achievement in the real world.
New international competition. If you do not have a CTSO organization competition, or looking for more competitive events. The Web Professionals Organization [WebProfessionalsGlobal.org} has partnered with CTeLearning.com to offer a new series of competitions including the Future Web Designer, Future Animator, and the Future Web and Mobile Game Designer.
Curious to learn more – give us a call at 877-828-1216.
Teacher’s Point of View
“Your curriculum is an all-inclusive model. My students get to hear directly from industry representatives about their experiences specific to topics in Web Design. The students also get assessed along the way. Finally, the Website Projects are designed for the students to illustrate their learned skills throughout the course. Your courses are really one of the best platforms I’ve seen since teaching CS.” Tanya Wardally – Boy and Girls HS NYC
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Solid understanding of the basics involved in HTML5 and CSS3
- An understand and the ability to apply best practices to create websites that are web accessible for users who may have different levels of impairments.
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry.
- Understand the fundamental relationship between Content, Style and Behavior.
- Demonstrate how to create a website for a client based on the customer’s needs and vision.
- Able to analyze, test and critically review their work and use feedback to improve.
- How to present a solution to a client.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics and web legal issues including privacy, copyright, and information security.
- Create a Portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of web development using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Understand the trends in the web design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of color theory, site aesthetics, style tiles, wire framing and site testing.
- Understand how to engage with a client, collaborate, communicate and deliver on time and on budget.
- Be properly prepared to take on and earn the optional industry certification.
- Platforms – PC, Mac, Chromebook Ready – Mobile Friendly
- Length – Year , Semester
- Career Cluster – Information Technology
- 3rd Party International Industry-Recognized Certifications – Integrated, Stackable and Free
- Level – Middle School, High School, Adult/Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online Virtual Learning
- Student Competitions – Available (SkillsUSA, FBLA)
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Web-Based Tools Suite Provided Free